Policy Café is one of the signature programs organized by the Centre for Research and Information (CRI) that provides a forum for the youth of Bangladesh to voice in policy formulation. It is an avenue of democratic exercises where every young person has the opportunity to share his/her thoughts, opinions and ideas regarding formulation, functions and evaluations of policies. It is a forum for the young generation to be engaged in policy discourses; simultaneously it’s a floor for them to be heard by the policy makers of the nation. So far 10 Policy Cafés were held.
• Sensitize communities regarding particular policy issues.
• Identify policy gaps that require immediate attention to address this issue
• Suggest and advocate policy recommendations and actions.
Following policy issues were addressed:
1. ICT, Education and Employment
2. Building Digital Bangladesh
3. Youth Entrepreneurship: The Engine for Growth
4. Prioritizing Neurodevelopmental Disorders
5. Youth in Community Development
6. Redefining Employment
Approximately 3000 youth participated in policy café and contributed to policy formation.